Tuesday, April 19, 2011

No Transfer...



Hello Family,

This past week was really good. We had a baptism of Mike Burbank and it was a great turn out. A lot of their friends from Boise came and were great support. His dad, Conrad, was really emotional because he felt that he should have been there with him at his side in a white jump suit, but we know that he will be soon enough.

Here is a picture with Mike and Elder Cottam


I am grateful for the opportunity to serve with Elder Phelps. A few weeks ago I was on exchanges with Elder Halaz, one of our Zone Leaders, and he "received revelation" during a district meeting and he told me that I was going to be serving with Elder Phelps. So I wasn't very surprised when I heard that I was staying and that Elder Phelps would be coming. I am really excited to be staying in this area and I really can't wait to help all of the investigators progress towards baptism.

This Saturday we are going to have another baptism of Melissa. I am pretty sure I have talked about her in past emails, and I am very excited about it. It will be really good to have the spirit in their home to help her parents stay faithful until they can get baptized themselves. And we are helping Bertha Perez prepare for her baptism on the 30th she and her daughters really enjoy coming to church and she is pretty ready to be baptized. We are also continuing to work with the other people who have dates, Donna Lewis-May 2, and Juan Luis-May 11. We are Very grateful to have such great success going on and are happy that we were chosen to be the ones that get to serve here while all this good is happening.

Love,

Elder Paxton

No comments:

Post a Comment