Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Last week...

Hola Familia!

This week was a great first week in Ontario. we had 3 baptisms in a family that I had just barely met, but even though I didn't know them I could feel the spirit of their baptism. It was great to be able to see Elder Sandoval and Elder Sewell there as well. Elder Sandoval gave a talk on the holy ghost and the family really loves him so it was great that he was able to make it.

We have also found/have been given, a couple of new investigators that seem to have a lot of prospect. We are very excited about them. One of them is in one of our English wards and his sister is an active member. We stopped by her house and had a little lunch with them and met Bob, her brother. He has just recently moved into the area is really grateful for the church and the service that he has received from them, with the moving help. This Sunday he was at church and was really excited to see us. He also told us that anytime that we want to come over for anything, we are welcome. We are going to get to know him and I really feel like he is ready to accept the gospel.

It has been a little interesting getting used to teaching in English since it has been so long. Sometimes I need to look up scriptures in Spanish and then go to English. It is funny because it was the exact opposite at the beginning of my mission, but I know that everything will be okay and that we will be able to have a lot of success.

I am going to put off getting the bike tire for a little while. Elder Cottam is a runner and we go out in the mornings, he runs and I bike. We have been taking a farm road that is muddy and has some snow on it too so I need the mountain tire, but if I need a new tire for my trainer I will get one from Wal-mart in Ontario, that is where we do all of our shopping.

My new place is the same place that I went to over a year ago. It is still pretty messy but it is not the worst I have seen. One fun experience that we had was that one of the two toilets was overflowing for about 20 minutes before we noticed (it is on the far side of the house). There was about 2 inches of water on the ground, one in the bathroom and one in the basement below. We called the facilities management people and on Monday they gave us a new toilet, and also fixed a few other things around the house, like our door knob, gave us a new lamp and a couple of other things. They still need to run a snake through our tub because when we are showering it fills up to mid shin so its almost like taking a bath.

There is a good number of members in the branch, it is a little smaller then the branch in Meridian but it is still good sized. Elder Cottam is pretty good at Spanish but still struggles a little bit, but everyone does when you have only been out of the MTC for six weeks. He is getting better every day though. It is such a blessing, and so fun, to be able to speak half way decent Spanish. I think about that everyday and am very grateful for all of the help that I receive.

It was pretty scary to hear about big Z's stomach. If any of the dogs decide to kick the bucket before I get back I will be very mad, so tell them to not. The past little while has been super fun it sounds like with all of the dogs, but I am glad that everyone should be okay. Someone needs to teach Z how to chew her food.

Thats all for this week!

Love,
Elder Paxton

No comments:

Post a Comment