Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Who's Ready for Round 4?!? (In Wendell)

Today was a really fun day. We spent p day RIDING OUR BIKES!!!!! It felt so good to go riding around, we did a lot of hiking down in a canyon, its called box canyon. It has crystal clear water that is really tempting to jump in. I did take my shoes off and stood in it about mid calf. It felt so good because today was a little warm when the clouds weren't over head. I took a bunch of pictures so whenever I get my other card I will send the one I have now home.

We get transfer calls last Wednesday. Elder Wright is going to Jerome to be zone leader, for his first time, he is a little scared. My new companion(my 7th comp in 7 transfers) will be Elder Waldorf. He is coming from Jerome and will no longer be the zone leader. He is from ATL, so he says sir and ma'am, like a good southern boy. I am really excited to serve with him, he is really funny and Elder Wright says that we will get along really well. I will also be killing him (which is missionary lingo for I will be his last companion). So it is up to me to keep him from being too trunky. The good news is that he says that he wants to ride bikes everyday, at least for a little bit, I am looking forward to that.

Last P day was really fun. We went to the church and set up the gym for war. Everyone had pvc pipe blow guns and Nerf darts and divided into two teams and tried to kill everyone. It was really fun. I was the sniper for our team. I had the longest "gun" and I was really accurate with it. Standing in the back corner of the gym I could get darts stuck on the supports for the basketball hoop on the far side, almost every time. So our team captain would said if I get out it's game over. We all had a lot of fun.

This past week we had a pretty good week. We were able to have 4.5 investigators at church. 4 are our investigators and the half is a non member from Jerome that used to be taught here and she just decided to come to church. She also referred her sister to us. Last night we set a baptismal date with one of the investigators that went to church. We are hoping that he keeps coming to church so we can baptize him on the 28th of this month.

We are still waiting on word of the night sacrament. I guess it takes a long time to think about when 1. you take the month of July off and 2. they are changing the policy church wide, but we are hoping that by the end of August we will have word.

That is pretty much all that is going on here in the booming metropolis of Wendell.

Love

Elder Paxton

No comments:

Post a Comment