Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I've been riding my bike!

So this week has been pretty fun, I have been riding MY "fixed" bike. The front brake still doesn't work but I can ride it and stop when I need to with the back. I have tried to fix it but either we are bleeding the hydraulics poorly or they are more broken then hoped. I stopped at the bike shop in Twin and they said that it might be a 50 dollar part plus labor to fix it. I am probably going to bring it to Twin to see if that is the case.

The baptismal date is still set for the 28th. Martin really sounds like he wants to get baptized and he sounds very sincere. We are also very sure that his wife will get baptized very soon as well. Maybe not the 28th but soon. We are still waiting for the night sacrament and as soon as we get that Miguel will be baptized. Every time we go over there we just share spiritual thoughts just to continue strengthening his testimony but for the next time we told him that he has to teach us something from his Book of Mormon reading. I am looking forward to what he is going to share. Another thing that happened with Miguel, yesterday, we left the phone at home, but good thing because Miguel called us saying that he wouldn't be home for our appointment so if we had the phone we wouldn't have been able to teach him. Blessings for being forgetful.

This past week I got to hang out in Twin because Elder Waldorf had to be in a leadership training meeting on Thursday and Friday from 8-4 both days. I had a really good time hanging out with the Twin Elders. It was nice to get to know them a little bit better. I am hoping I get to serve with them one day.

The other day we were teaching one of our English investigators and his wife was saying how sometimes he uses some beautiful language when he has had a few cervezas (beers) she said it in spanish so her 10 year old daughter wouldn't understand and she(Ryley) was asking what does that mean, I told her don't worry about it and Elder Waldorf told her that it meant soda, so as far as she knows cerveza means soda I thought it was pretty funny.

That is pretty much all that is going on here, all that I can think of at least.

Love
Elder Paxton

PS: I got Nicole's package. The cookies made it and are delicious. I am really enjoying my not super trunky companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment