Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Nampa for one more transfer..

Mom, It is good to hear that you are recovering quickly, I know how much you love to stay seated and not doing anything. Hopefully you aren't too limited in your movement. When does the doctor say that you will be up to 100%?

So, transfer doctrine. Elder Padgett got sent to Mountain Home, which is a Spanglish area, with mostly English work. His companion is an English elder.

He is also going to be a District leader. I am going to be staying in Nampa, and my companion is going to be my brother. Elder Acuña is going to be coming up from Burley to help me train an new visa waiter. I am looking forward to serving with Elder Acuña again and hopefully we will get to have the visa waiter for more then a week, like the last one I had.

There really weren't very many changes is my district, only Elder Padgett left. Everyone else stayed, so this district should be just as good as the last.

This past week we mostly did a lot of saying goodbye, well Elder Padgett did, and I went with him. We had a lot of appointments fall through during the week, so we weren't able to teach as many people as we had hoped. This next transfer we will have a lot of work, because our ward mission leader (who was released as branch president about a year ago) gave us all of the progress records (a weekly report given to our leaders) that he had. So we have lists from missionaries who have already gone home. We now have a lot of potentials to contact and so hopefully a lot of good will come from it.

It will be a little hard to go home at the end of this next transfer, I will just have to get to work and not worry about it. I could probably move up here after I get released and be a "third companion" for some elders. We will have to figure it out when we get there.

Hope all is well in AriZion. Oh, how is the bathroom coming along? I had forgotten about that.

Anyways, have a great day and talk to you next week.

Love,
Elder Paxton

No comments:

Post a Comment