Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I'm staying in Wendell

Another transfer and another companion. Elder Paxton is staying in Wendell for another 6 weeks. For anyone interested in his 'permanent address' he has given it here for any letters or packages you may feel inclined to send.

Elder Mejor en el Mundo
(Best Elder in the World)
1501 E 3300 S
Wendell, ID 83355

Elder Waldorf will officially be killed tonight around 7:30. That is when he goes to Boise and tomorrow, he spends the day with president and on Thursday he is on a plane to Atlanta. It was really fun to serve with him, we had a great time together and we really tried to work our hardest.

My new companion is Elder Acuña. He is from the Salt Lake area, but his family moved there from Venezuela when he was about 4. He is really funny and I am pretty sure we are really going to enjoy our time serving together. He has been out for about 6 months, so I am technically the senior companion, but I really don't care about that. It really doesn't matter, we serve together as one.

What I am now going to explain might be confusing but I will try to make it clear.

My trainer, Elder Castillo, is my dad in the mission. Elder Acuña was trained in a three some. One of his companions is his dad and one is his mom. The dad is the one who is technically the trainer. Elder Castillo is considered his mom. so my dad is his mom, so we are kind of half brothers.

This past week went by really quickly for us as well. Sometimes it is hard to remember what we have done since I last wrote, because all the weeks merge together. This past week we really became pros at canning peaches. We were helping the Dimonds can around 200 jars of peaches. It is really quite easy, just takes a little bit of time. We have also helped Amy and Bud Dunn build their house, which I am probably going to have to visit after the mission, mostly to use their gigantic shower that they are planning on putting in. Also I really like them. Bud is one of our investigators that we have in our English ward. He really isn't progressing as much as he should but if we dropped him we would have next to no work in English.

We do get to do a lot of service though. We are very well rounded now. We have done plumbing, building a house, dairy work, farming, canning, pretty much everything that one would need to know a little bit about we have done. I really enjoy doing service.

Martin is doing very well. after baptism you teach all the lessons again to make sure that he is continuing to grow in the gospel and as we teach he really shows that he understood everything that we have taught him. Also we are teaching his wife who has now changed shifts so she is able to listen to us more often. She should be getting baptized pretty soon as well, we hope. They really are the most important people that we are teaching.

I am super excited about general conference. I really enjoyed reading the talks when we got the Ensign. I am glad y'all are reading them again. We can learn so many things from our modern day prophets. I cant wait to be able to read the next conference edition that comes out.

We have to get going now. We have to finish getting Elder Waldorf ready to go.

Love

Elder Paxton.

No comments:

Post a Comment